We Strive to Avoid Surgery Whenever Possible
Although Kitsap OBGYN strives to avoid surgery whenever possible, the providers are committed to staying on the forefront of latest medical developments. We continue to research and study the current techniques in gynecological surgery so that we can present patients with the best treatment options available for their unique situation.
When concerns arise that require surgical intervention, you can trust our expertise and training to resolve these problems. At Kitsap OBGYN, our goal is to address any issues–hysterectomy, endometriosis, tubal ligations or fibroids–with minimally invasive surgical therapy, reducing post-surgical pain and hastening the recovery process.
Our Surgery Services
Our providers operate at a local surgery center (Pacific Surgery Center), as well as perform robotic (DaVinci) procedures at Harrison Medical Center (CHI Franciscan).
- Anterior repair
- Endometrial ablation
- Laparoscopy, laparoscopic tubal ligation
- Oophorectomy posterior repair
For cases that require surgical intervention, we use state-of-the-art techniques, such as laparoscopic therapy. With minimally invasive surgery, we are able to maximize accuracy and enhance visualization as we operate.
These advanced treatments allow patients to reduce hospitalization time, speed up recovery and reduce post-operative complications.
Depending on the situation, minimally invasive and/or robotic surgery may be recommended for:
- Heavy menstruation
- Laparoscopic inspection of pelvic organs
- Infertility treatment
- Removal of uterine polyps or ovarian cysts
- Tubal ligation
- Bladder slings to improve urinary incontinence
MENSTRUAL BLEEDING & PELVIC PAIN
Many women suffer with heavy menstrual bleeding and pelvic pain. In these cases, the providers often recommend endometrial ablation. This option is performed as a minor outpatient procedure, with no incisions. Most patients are back to normal activity within 24 hours.
We also offer long-term birth control for patients who have completed their families. We can place IUD’s during an in-office appointment.
This gives patients a safe, effective choice for preventing pregnancy without the hassles and failure risks associated with birth control pills, diaphragms or condoms.
- "Dr. Quimby gives you the feeling that she does her line of work because she cares about people - genuinely! I would never choose another OBGYN, ever. She gives me a feeling of hope and correcting my health issues when I'm lost. She has great listening and problem solving skills."
- "Today my MA was very friendly and helpful. It made my visit completely comfortable and relaxed. The receptionist is fast, efficient, warm and friendly. Dr. Bohannon is always amazing. I feel blessed to have such a wonderful care team. "
- "Dr. Marriott was very easy to talk to and communicate with. She seems to have common sense and a reassuring manner. Her MA was pleasant and funny. Thank you, everyone!"